Although I haven't seen many sunrises (owing to the fact that I don't like being up early), I'd love to be somewhere gorgeous to experience one like this one from The Little White Horse. (Maybe when I'm in England?!) Here it is:
"...Maria and Wrolf rode swiftly homewards in a wonderful dawn that changed from grey to silver, and from silver to gold, and blossomed as they come out of the pine-woods into one of those rosy dawns edged with saffron and amethyst that usher in the blue of a happy day."
This is from the same book but a part of a song that is sung:
"Praised be our Lord for the wind and the rain,
For clouds, for dew and the air;
For the rainbow set in the sky above
Most precious and kind and fair.
For all these things tell the love of our Lord,
The love that is everywhere."
I've almost finished reading The Little White Horse for about the 12th time since receiving it for my 13th birthday over 6 years ago. I love it more and more every time! I wanted to post these snippits because they're so well written and apart of the story.
Wednesday, September 13, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
"owing to the fact that I don't like being up early"
LOL! It's like God rewards those who get up early with the amazing beauty of a sunrise. :-)
Those parts are beautiful-- that book is beautiful.
Yes, I believe He planned it like that for people to recognize Him through His creation!
I also adore seeing the moon in the early morning light.
These romantic subjects should be linked with "...while the dew is still on the roses..." from In the Garden...HA HA!!! ;o) I did that for you, Linds!
Post a Comment