This is Janie and me hold up our macaroons:

Here's Amber with her lovely spongy-ish cake and acting very herself! ;o)
I'm so grateful to have good friends here!
--I had a break-through/adventure speaking French a few days ago with a school-mate from Greece! I have never talked to this 23-year-old Greek guy before, but he and I were talking with one of my friends and soon the Greek guy turned to me and asked me (this was all in French because he speaks only a very few words in English) "what do you think about two people from different religions, or countries, getting together?" (my first reaction was, "oh Lord, please let him not be hitting on me," so I acted calmly and answered his question.) I, basically, said that I thought every person needed to make that decision for themselves, and that I, being a Christian, would choose to not "be with someone" from a different religion, because I didn't think that right for myself. He seemed okay with that response. Then he turned to another of my friends and he asked her the same question...she doesn't speak French, so, you guessed it, I was the translator! :o) It was both enjoyable and rewarding! (a little tiring, though, for the hour-long conversation!) :o) Thank You, God!

No comments:
Post a Comment