I got to visit
Being in a Muslim country was interesting. There is a lot of poverty and depression, but also a spiritual oppression. I’m so grateful we got to visit because most of the world lives in poverty, like what we saw, but I never have!
This building (this picture and the following are just tiny glimpses of the church) was completed in 537 A.D. Yes, it’s old! :o) It was awesome being inside and realizing that so many people have worshiped in and visited it for over 1400 years!!! Many of the mosaics I have seen in textbooks from high school!

One of my favorite things we did was take a boat trip along the

Before going along the river, we stopped in a spice market and enjoyed choosing several kinds of Turkish delight to try so we could eat them on the boat! Well, let me say that I am still not a big fan of Turkish delight! :o) (These many kinds of dried fruit.)
The last night in
We had about a twelve hour lay-over in
It was a wonderful vacation! But, ten days in three VERY different countries is a little bit exhausting! (Of COURSE it was worth it, and I'd do it again in a heartbeat!) :o)

3 comments:
What a fun trip! I enjoyed hearing about the coffee. I remember it from when I was there, and it seemed a lot like mud. The tea is definitely better!
That's right! You went there a few years ago!!! What did you do there? I loved the tea too! Is there such a thing as a "tea-oholic?" (Because I think I'm becoming one since visiting England and Turkey!) :o)
I was there on a prayer-focused mission trip, but we did some sight-seeing too. Yes, I suppose there is such a thing as a tea-oholic! But if you stick to drinking it out of those tiny Turkish cups, you'll be fine.
Post a Comment